Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11/11, We Will Never Forget

Today marks the tenth anniversary of the worst and most tragic day in American history. I couldn't tell you what I did or what I ate two days ago but I can remember exactly where I was and I can even tell you what I ate on that dreeded day. I look back on that day and think about all the lives that were lost. All the children that are without a mom, a dad or even both. I think of all those lifes that were lost just doing what they do. I can remember sitting and watching the news for days and days praying they would find survivors or even their bodies so that their families could have some sort of closure to this terrible tragadity. I will never forgot the image on the news as you watched people so desparate that they jumped out of windows of those buildings because they would much rather die from the fall than burning to death. Here we are 10 years later and I still remember it as if it were yesterday. I was just telling some friends at work that I really can't remember life before 9/11. I forgot what it was like not to have to strip naked to get on a plane. I forgot what it is like not to freak out when I see an airplane flying close to downtown. But most of all, I forgot what it was like to feel perfectly safe in America. I realize now that we are not safe. We like to think that we are and that homeland security is doing their job. But no one in this world is safe when there are terrorist in this world. So all we can do is pray. Yes, I said it PRAY!!! Pray to the Lord for our safety. Pray that he sheilds this great nation of ours and those that are fighting to protect it everyday. So as we remember those we lost on this tenth anniversary I wonder where our country, heck where the world will be in another ten years. My prayer is for our troops to be home safe with their families and our nation be strong as ever. I pray for peace on this earth not just for me, but for my daugther and for her future. 9/11, it is a day we will never forget.



"You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one" ---John Lennon

No comments: