Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dallas Heart Walk 2011 Go Team Lia!!!

A dear friend has a little girl, Lia, that was born with a heart defect. So today Morgan and me took part in the Dallas 2011 Heart Walk in her honor and in remembering a little sweet angel, Lauren, that passed away just weeks ago from complication after her third heart surgery. I have seen Lia over come things that truely baffle me. She is the strongest little girl I know and she is very well loved by many. I look at her and think that this little girl is going to do great things in life. We had a wonderful time walking with my Baylor family. Morgan walked the entire walk. That's over 3 miles. She did great and even made a few new friends, Aubrey and Jayla. After the walk we went to Spagetti Warehouse downtown and had lunch. We were joined by a dear friend from work, Holly, and her granddaughter Jayla. We had a wonderful time. To end the perfect day we went to The Harbor tonight and ate at Paradise Burger. It was such a beautiful night that we sat outside and enjoyed our dinner on their patio. We enjoyed a beautiful sunset and a walk down to the lake. It was a perfect end to the perfect day. Looking forward to next year's walk! Go Team Lia!!

Morgan and me in our "Fight Like A Girl" Team Lia shirts that I blinged out.

Aubrey, Morgan and Jayla



Go Team Lia. The girls marching on!



Morgan and her new friend, Jayla.


Morgan and Jayla waiting to go down the bounce house slide.

No comments: