Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Little Artisit

Morgan has for the longest time loved to color, paint, draw, you name it. Give the kid a box of colors or markers and she is on cloud nine. But her art work was always a mystery to me as to what they were. Flower, Dora, cat, dog, rainbow? They were all beautiful, but not so easy for me to see the "real picture" if you get my picture. But tonight it was different. When I picked her up at my sister's house this evening I was a bit surprised. She came running down the stairs to show me this picture that she had drawn. She said it was a picture of her. To my surprised I could actually "see" the picture. At first, I didn't believe she did it all by herself, so I asked my niece if she helped her and she said no that she did it all by herself. Even my sister was in disbelief and confirmed it with Lauren that Morgan really did draw it all herself. Lauren said "YES". She said all she did was tell Morgan to draw some ears on the picture. I told her to draw me another picture and she drew almost the exact same picture on the back. I was so proud of her. It almost brought tears to my eyes. My baby girl is getting so big. I can't believe all that she can do. I can't wait to see what she draws me next. Oh, when we got home tonight she ran and told her daddy that she drew that picture for him and that it was a picture of him. WHAT??? I thought it was for ME! Oh well, kids will be kids!



Morgan's self portrait

No comments: