Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Gone to Soon.

I can remember it like it was yesterday. Me, my best friends Jennifer and Nicole and my cousin Marie would all be at the skating rink on a Friday night. Then, all of a sudden, the lights would go out. A big projection screen would come down at the end of the rink. We would all take off running to the floor to get a set close to the screen and then it would come on. I can hear the music now. It was the Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" video. I can remember us all sitting there with our eyes glued to the screen as we watched Micheal dance and do his magic. It was like nothing we had ever seen before. It was by far, the coolest thing that we had ever seen. It was back in the day when MTV really played music video's. It was my youth. It was seeing Micheal sing and dance like no other person could. I can remember my boyfriend in 6th grade, Chris Prince, and how he got an actual real red leather, not pleather, jacket like Micheal Jackson had. I can remember how one day, he let me wear it all day at school and how I felt like I was the coolest kid there because NO ONE else had that jacket. Hell, no one could afford it. I can remember listening to my sisters Thriller album on her stereo, which was a radio, record player,and 8 tracker player all in one. Oh, how we would sing and dance and only wishing we could be a fraction as good of dancer as Micheal. I can remember tearing his pictures out of "Teen Beat" magazine and hanging them on my wall. So when I think about Micheal Jackson, that's what I think about. I think of all the good times in my life that he gave me. Not all that crap you hear or read about in the media. I really couldn't care what others have to say about him, the boy could sing and dance like no other. He was and always will be"The King of Pop" in my book. So today I say thank you Micheal. Thank you for all the beautiful music you gave us and all the wonderful memories I have because of you. May you now, finally get to rest in peace.

Micheal Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958 --June 25, 2009
"I'm starting with the Man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change His ways. No message could have been any clearer. If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change, you gotta get it right, while you got the time because when you close your heart then you close your mind." Man in the Mirror by MJ

No comments: