Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blood, Sweat & Tears!

Well after 48 hours of banged up hands, sweating my butt off from putting furniture together and dragging it from room to room, Morgan's room is completed! I think that it turned out perfect. I did have a break down moment. Friday evening I had to run up to Lowe's to pick up a new paint roller and on the way back I just lost it. I started thinking about Shelbie and how this would no longer be both the girls room. I started thinking about getting Shelbie's room ready before she was born and how I searched for the perfect yellow paint. I thought her room was so cute. When Shelbie passed away we never took her room down. It remained the same. Then when we found out we were expecting another girl we thought we would let Morgan use Shelbie's stuff so they could share something together. So while painting over that perfect yellow paint, part of my heart felt like I was erasing a part of Shelbie. I started thinking that the girls would no longer share anything in this room again. Then it hit me, I am not erasing Shelbie. She couldn't care less what color I paint these walls because her room in Heaven is of colors we can't even imagine. And I know that in my heart that she would love nothing more than her lil sis to have a purple room. Because you know, purple is one of Morgan's favorite colors! So I smiled and a peaceful feeling filled my heart and I knew that Shelbie would love the room and would always look over her sister in that room. So with every paint stroke I thought of Shelbie and I did it for Morgan. Shelbie painted the room for Morgan through me. So as we close this chapter in our lives, we now look at this room no longer as the nursery to the girls, but now the room of our big little girl! The room came together just as I hoped it would and maybe even a little better. I must give a big thanks to my mom who so graciously let Morgan spend the night with her last night and to my sister who came over at the last moment and helped me put the finishing touches on to the room. So as this chapter closes and new one begins, I can't wait to see what this next one brings! All this because one little girl "loves me biggest in the whole world".

Morgan's big girl bed
You can't see it really well but there is a pink chandelier hanging in the corner, which is Morgan's new reading corner. And yes, I made the curtains myself. I was surprised they turned out as good and they did.

Morgan's new TV.


The beautiful closet doors my wonderful husband painted for me. Love you sweetie!



1 comment:

Deann Black said...

Thanks for making me cry:) LOVE You...I can't even imagine what that entire process must have been for you! The room looks AWESOME!!!